Skip to main content

The Inner Power: Jesus, the Word of God, and Prayer

 

“I have said this to you so that in me you may have peace. In the world you face persecution but take courage: I have conquered the world!”, Jesus said this to his disciples before he was crucified, died, buried, and rose again. How am I preparing myself to overcome the challenges in the world?

I will make Jesus Christ my strength. When I was a child and attending church, I heard about the story of Jesus Christ on his sacrificial death. This story came to me year after year, but I did not understand its true meaning until I reached my teenage years. Before, I had an experience of being unappreciated for being the class valedictorian during my primary education. I did not expect this title, for I know in myself that there are students who excel more than I do. It just happened that extracurriculars were part of the grading system, and I participated a lot. I was mistreated both in person and on social media about this matter. I think this was one of the reasons why I feel and see myself as weak. Then, I started to be involved in the church and attended Sunday School when I was thirteen, wherein I learned that there is someone who loves me regardless of my ability. That someone is Jesus. I remember the common children's song I usually sing, and it says, “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so”. When you know that someone loves and believes in you, it is empowering. It gives you the strength to live and carry on.

I will let the word of God be my power. Not only that I was participating in church activities, but I was also taught to do my devotion through a journal. Our deaconess taught me the power of God’s word. I learned that the word of God is the standard of living and serves as our guide. As we continue in life, we face various circumstances. And the more I read the Bible, the more I see the trials of this world. John 16:33 is indeed true when Jesus said to his disciples that there is persecution in this world, but he already conquered the world. When our family experienced financial crises, I believe in Matthew 6:33, “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” When I needed guidance on my studies, God taught me in Proverbs 3:5-6 that I should trust Him and not lean on my understanding. When my sister died last September 2022 because of her heart disease and skin disease, God reminded me in Revelation 21: 4 that He will wipe every tear, and death, mourning, crying, and pain will be no more. When I see in the community poverty, God challenged me in Matthew 25:35-40 to give to the needy. God’s word is powerful to my life and all who can hear and practice it.

I will never stop praying. Matthew 21:22 says, “Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.” Many issues in our society are sometimes making us think that we cannot do anything about it. But, Jesus, as my strength, made me believe in the power of prayer. The COVID-19 pandemic was one of the world’s nightmares. A lot of people around the world died, and some were grieving for their loved ones’ death. Hearing about the news made us cry out in prayer. I believe that it was God who made us well again from this pandemic. In God’s time, it was an answered prayer. It came to pass, and we had overcome the pandemic. The world does not stop letting us experience hardships. Last January 2024, during our Christian Emphasis, we went to Bulakan, Bulacan, Philippines to listen to the stories of the fisherfolks who were forced to move out by a company from their home because of the construction of the new airport. The fisherfolks were not allowed to fish anymore, and their cry was justice and livelihood. At that moment, we had given them our prayers, that would give them faith and hope to rise from what they had experienced. It was not easy for them, but I was inspired by their solidarity and positive outlook on life. I still believe that God is working through their lives, and He is in control of their situation. Moreover, there is an ongoing war between Israel and Palestine, and lives and properties are being destroyed. How can we help in this time of crisis? Our prayers matter to God, and believe in faith, that peace will be granted in His time. Our prayers do not always assure us to make things happen on our will because our prayer is always answered according to God’s will. When Jesus prayed to the Father in Gethsemane, he expressed himself and ended by asking the will of God to prevail. In Mark 14:36, He said, “Abba, Father, for you all things are possible; remove this cup from me, yet not what I want but what you want.” Prayer makes us realize that there is God, who is listening and ready to help us. When we express ourselves in prayer, we are removing negative energy from our lives and letting the positivity of God dwell in us. Let us pray without ceasing, for a prayer makes a difference.

Jesus has conquered the world. He gives me the courage to face the trials of this world. I am not free to experience such circumstances, but through Jesus Christ, who lives in me, the leading of God’s word, and faithful prayer, I believe that I am ready to overcome the giants of this world. How about you? How are you preparing for the challenges ahead?

 

Comments

Other Stations

God is our Help

Isaiah 38:16 O Lord, by these things people live,     and in all these is the life of my spirit.     Oh, restore me to health and make me live! Ang verse na ito ay ang sinabi ni Haring Hezekiah Ng Judah sa ating Panginoong Diyos habang siya ay nasa proseso Ng kagalingan. Isang hari si Hezekiah ngunit kinilala pa rin Niya ang Diyos na nakahihigit sa lahat. Humingi siya Ng tulong sa Diyos at nakakaranas Siya Ng kagalingan. Pinapaalala Ng verse na ito na ang Dakilang Diyos ay mahihingan natin Ng tulong nasaan man tayo o anumang estado Ng ating Buhay. Mahal ka, tayo Ng Diyos at Hindi Niya tayo pababayaan.

In This Life, Spread Love

To be loved is an unexplainable feeling but sharing love is impactful. 1 John 4:19 says, "We love because He first loved us." It is receiving love from others, especially from God, that we are able to love. The recipient of that love can be a family member, relative, friend, significant other, and even a stranger whom you think and feel that this person needs it. Spread love, let everyone be in love.   

In This Life, Cling to the Truth

The creation will never grasp the majestic plan of the Creator. No matter how hard we strive to know, we will never meet His Greatness. But the Creator, our LORD will never let His creations go astray Remain in Him, Come near to Him He is our guide, He is the Giver of our lives. Have faith and believe in every written word he had spoken. For God's Word is true and infallible. Read the Bible and pray every day. Pray for God's revelation in your life.