Skip to main content

BE AUTHENTIC

Whenever I write, I always consider the language I should use. Growing up in a colonized nation (the Philippines), it is kind of hard to have the so-called “originality”. From language, culture, songs, and clothing, just to name a few, almost all of it is influenced by nations that colonized us in the past.

It is confusing to know who we really are as Filipinos. But what I realized now is that I should embrace the present and always be true to what I do and speak. As long as I do not forget to speak our native language (Filipino) and keep trying to use the dialects (Ilocano and Bolinao) I grew up with, even though I am not fluent and trying hard, I believe this will smooth out in its proper time.
Maybe in the long run, you will notice that my output will be written in mixed language. Speaking out on this matter helps me to be more authentic. Based on my experience, there were times when I could easily express myself in English and sometimes in Filipino. The most important thing here is that I am able to communicate and be understood by the readers.
In this writing journey, our goal is to always produce authenticity, so let’s strive for it. :)

Notes from Jes:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isang Taon at Pagkakataon

VIDEO:  https://web.facebook.com/share/v/1JVCyWh1mU/              Sa isang taon na ako ay nakadestino sa Anda Central ay maraming ako natutunan. Ito rin ang ikalawang taon ko sa aking full-time ministry. Ang ACUMC ay isang matatag na simbahan. Dumaan man ito sa hiwalayan, nagpatuloy ito kahit baguhan ang mga nakaupong mga opisyal. Hindi ko masasabing ito ay perpektong simbahan, ngunit nakita ko ang pagnanais na lumago hindi lamang sa bilang ngunit ganoon din sa pananampalataya. Hindi man ito agad-agad, nauna man ang paglago sa bilang, ngunit nagtitiwala ako sa pangungusap at paglago na ibibigay ng Panginoon para sa mga miyembro. Ang panawagan lamang sa bawat isa ay ang pagkakaisa, pagbibigayan, tapat na pagsunod sa ating Diyos, pagpapakumbaba, paglilingkod, pagpapatawaran, at pagmamahalan.             Nakasama ko sa isang buong taon ang aking mga minamahal na kamanggagawa sa iglesia sina Pastor Augusto as ...

THE CONFESSION

     While I am reading a book title "Leadership That Builds" by Glenn Johnson, on its chapter title "A leader Must Have Integrity", I remember my life verse in Psalm 111:10 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and all who follow His precepts have good understanding, to Him belongs eternal praise." The book explains that fearing God is trusting Him with confidence, but this may fail when you feel guilty at some point in your life.  The hindrance of our confidence in God is the feeling of guilt. In Nehemiah (Book in the Old Testament), which is the scriptural foundation of the said book, confession is Nehemiah's way on gaining confidence in God. He said in Nehemiah 1:6 " let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day and night for your servants, the Israelites, confessing the sins of the Israelites, which we have sinned against you. Both I and my family have sinned."  ...

MAGLIWANAG

  THEME: SHINE ON: CALLED TO BE THE LIGHT September 26, 2025   SCRIPTURE: Mateo 5:14-16 Magandang Balita Biblia 14 “Kayo ang ilaw ng sanlibutan. Ang isang lungsod na nakatayo sa ibabaw ng burol ay hindi maitatago. 15 Walang taong nagsisindi ng ilaw at pagkatapos ay inilalagay iyon sa ilalim ng banga. Sa halip, inilalagay iyon sa talagang patungan upang matanglawan ang lahat ng nasa bahay. 16 Gayundin naman, dapat ninyong paliwanagin ang inyong ilaw sa harap ng mga tao upang makita nila ang inyong mabubuting gawa at papurihan ang inyong Ama na nasa langit.”   INTRO: Kung mayroong gabi at araw, mayroon ding dilim at ____ liwanag.    Ang teksto natin sa oras na ito ay patungkol sa liwanag. Saan o kanina ba nagmumula ang liwanag, Sino ang liwanag, ano ang kahalagahan ng liwanag at bakit dapat na magliwanag?   I. Ako ang ilaw ng sanlibutan The Sun is the primary source of light in the planet as the SON (Jesus) is the primary source of ligh...